Monday, July 12, 2010

CQBCity July 11th 2010 -- Day Event

I have 3 sets of media for you folks this week. First up the stills. As usual, they are up on piscaweb. Here's the link:


And here is a teaser!


Up next, we have the video. I focused on filming during a Search and Destroy game and that's where the bulk of the footage is from. I also tried to do some corny editing. We'll see if I still like it in a couple of weeks.. Let me know what you think.

Here is the link:



Last is something special! Chief mentioned last week that he thought it would be cool if on the very long game, he had some sort of footage of the battle with pushes from both teams. That got me thinking. A straight up 30mins (or 2 hour) video of a game like that would be too long (and boring). The best solution I can think of is time lapse! Time lapse is when you have a camera take a pic spaced out at regular intervals and then combine the images into a film. To pull it off, I bought a decent tripod (that I used this weekend) as well as universal clamp (a rig to attach a camera to tubes to 2x4s, I haven't used it yet). I then used a Ultra Mobile PC with Canon's software to manage taking pics every 5 seconds. This was the test run a few things came up..

- there seems to be an artificial limit to how many pics the software is willing to take. I had it set to 500 pics at first (which is a little over 41mins real time).
- 500 pics is also 16.6 seconds worth of footage =(.
- battery life of the UMP might be an issue as well as heat.

I'll look into an alternate solution.. but for now, here's the video. I think it's pretty cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment